This CLE program is among the best in the nation and is co-sponsored by the Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
The Institute of Continuing Legal Education is hosting the 46th annual seminar for the Intellectual Property Law Institute. This CLE program is among the best in the nation and is co-sponsored by the Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan. This two-day livestream event will highlight influential speakers in the IP space on discussions of present and emerging patent, trademark, and copyright issues. Adsero IP’s esteemed partner, Amy Hsiao (bio link here), is invited to address the seminar on the topics of Chinese trademarks, copyrights, and anti-counterfeiting. Amy will provide key insights on negotiating the often-misunderstood relationship between the two worlds of Chinese and Western IP systems, as well as vital strategies for brand owners regarding manufacturing, sourcing, and retailing in China.
The first day will focus on Patent Rights, the speakers include:
- Daniel P. Aleksynas, Young Basile (Introduction)
- Bryan C. Diner, Finnegan Henderson Farabow Garrett & Dunner LLP (Updates on Patent Law)
- George W. Jordan III, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP (Navigating Privilege Pitfalls)
- An Inside Look: Arthrex Supreme Court Panel
- • Anthony P. Cho, Carlson Gaskey & Olds PC
- • Robert K. Kry, MoloLamken LLP
- Perry J. Saidman, Saidman DesignLaw Group (Effective Design Protection Using Design Patents, Trade Dress, andCopyright)
- Aaron Saidman, The Intellectual Property Corporation (The Tale of a Shoe, My Father, and the Night Stalker)
The second day will focus on Copyright and Trademark Rights, the speakers include:
- Thomas Kjellberg, Cowan Liebowitz & Latman (Update on Trademark Law)
- Amy Hsiao, Adsero IP (Tips and Trends on China Trademark, Copyright, and Anti-Counterfeiting)
- Mark Cohen, University of California Berkeley (An IP Practitioner's Guide to Recent Changes in IP, Trade, and China)
- Kirk Goodwin, Whirlpool Patent Company (How to Be an Ethical Zealous Advocate)