An internationally recognized expert in biotechnology and chemical patent prosecution and intellectual property counseling, Barry Swanson is one of the founder’s of the firm. Barry, with a Ph.D. In Organic Chemistry and a law degree from the University of Michigan Law School, has been practicing in these ever-changing areas for over thirty years.
Barry manages large U.S. and international patent portfolios for both large public companies and small start-ups. His experience provides perspectives on crafting the most value for his client’s investments in intellectual property. In addition to patent prosecution, due diligence assistance, opinion work, contracts/licensing and general IP counseling services are integral to Barry’s practice.
Barry enjoys applying his knowledge and experience to new technologies and making his clients understand that their IP assets are in good hands.
• Life Sciences
• Chemical Arts
• Top Rated Lawyers in Intellectual Property Law, by American Lawyers and Martindale-Hubbell
• Martindale Hubbell – AV Preeminent
• U.S. News – Best Lawyers in Colorado – Biotechnology Law, since 2008, Lawyer of the Year in 2017
• IAM Patent 1000 (“IP professionals do not come much more knowledgeable than founding parting Barry Swanson who has obtained over a 1,000 U.S. and international patents for cutting-edge biotechnology and chemical innovations”.)
• Lawyers of Distinction
• Guided the prosecution of the European patent that was awarded the European Invention of the decade by the European Patent Office
• Denver Business Journal – Top Ten Newsmakers of the year 2010.
• Colorado Bar Association
• University of Michigan Law School, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- Order of the Coif
- Article Editor of Michigan Law Review
• University of Colorado, Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry
• Greenville University
• U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
• Colorado State Bar