When a client has an idea – whether already fully developed or an inkling of one – Eric Cheong brings his insights and expertise to the process of preparing and prosecuting patent applications. Known for his ability to connect with inventors and with their inventions, Eric is sought out by clients to help the inventors flesh out and best articulate the idea.
While Eric's practice mainly focuses on drafting and prosecuting patent applications, he also has experience in other areas of Intellectual Property law, including experience with design patent matters, trademark matters, and assignment of intellectual property rights. In his patent practice, he provides various aspects of client counseling including drafting non-infringement and invalidity opinions, handling overall due diligence reviews, and performing freedom-to-operate searches.
Eric has helped clients in various technology and industry fields, including, but not limited to, the electrical, electronics, mechanical, medical device, medical diagnostic, microtechnology, nanotechnology, optics, semiconductor, software, telecommunications areas, among other technical fields. He enjoys assisting his clients and their inventors in developing and protecting their ideas.
• Business Methods & Bioinformatics
• Due Diligence
• Electrical and Computer Technology
• Foreign Prosecution
• Litigation Support
• Mechanical Patent Prosecution
• Medical Devices
• Colorado Bar Association
• Denver Bar Association
• University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, J.D., 2012
• University of Alberta, M.Sc. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2003
• University of Alberta, B.Sc. in Engineering Physics, 2000
• U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (Limited Recognition No. L0870, Reg. No. 75,236)
• Colorado, 2012