Kate focuses her practice on intellectual property litigation and trademark and copyright counseling. Known for her clear communication style, clients commend Kate's ability to distill complex concepts into concise advice and provide reliable, practical counsel. Kate has earned a reputation as a strategic and effective litigator who provides creative solutions to clients ranging from large corporations to start-ups and individuals.
Kate has extensive experience in patent, trademark, and copyright litigation, as well as trademark, copyright, and domain names matters, including acquisition, clearance, registration, and licensing. Kate also has developed an in-depth understanding of electronic discovery and advises clients on various e-discovery standards and best practices.
Kate's cases have spanned a variety of industries, including consumer goods, media and entertainment, electronics, and resorts.
• Trademark and Copyright Assertion and Enforcement
• Trademark and Copyright Prosecution
• Third Party Subpoena Enforcement and Defense
• How To Handle the New Domain Rules, Law Week Colorado, Feature Story, Print Edition, June 6, 2014
• Co-Presenter:Entertainment Law Update, Colorado Bar CLE Presentations, November 2012
• En BancFederal Circuit Further Defines Limits of Patent Misuse, Townsend, Townsend, and Crew, IP Update, September 2010
• International Trademark Association
• Colorado Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
• The University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D. (2009), with honors, Order of St. Ives, Denver University Law Review, General Editor
• Presbyterian College, B.A. English Literature and Language, summa cum laude
• Supreme Court, State of Colorado
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
• U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado