International intellectual property deals are difficult, especially in China. Ken brings an experienced, business-oriented approach to overseas negotiations and disputes. Culturally adept, creative, and flexible, companies and U.S. law firms alike seek Ken’s counsel when doing business in Asia.
Clients retain Ken’s services for IP counseling, licensing, enforcement, and dispute resolution, particularly in China and other Asian countries. Ken’s experience as the founder and managing partner of his prior firm’s Shanghai office for five years, and 15 years of dealing with IP in the Asia-Pacific region, positions him to provide insightful, practical, bespoke advice to clients. Ken’s experience in Asia extends to drafting and negotiating supply/distribution agreements and other cross-border transactions.
Ken’s involvement with negotiations and disputes extends over a wide range of industries, including biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device, semiconductor, consumer electronics, automotive parts, textiles and design services. He has extensive experience enforcing IP in China, both in court and before administrative agencies.
• Cross-Border Transactions
• Assertion and Enforcement
• “40 Under 40” by the Denver Business Journal
• 2011 “Super Lawyer” in intellectual property litigation by Super Lawyers magazine.
• American Bar Association, Member
• California Bar Association, Member
• Colorado Bar Association, Member
• University of Denver College of Law, J.D. (2000) with honors, Order of St. Ives
• University of Texas, M.S., Physiology (1998) with dissertation
• Trinity University, B.A. (1992)
• Colorado (2004)
• California (2000)
• Registered Foreign Attorney, People’s Republic of China (2012-2017)
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
• U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
• U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California