Whether developing a new brand, seeking to protect an established portfolio, or litigating a dispute once negotiations have reached an impasse, clients seek Kent’s experience and expertise in addressing their intellectual property needs. Known as a strategic and steadfast advocate, Kent’s practice covers all aspects of intellectual property law with a primary focus on litigation and trademark and copyright counseling.
Kent’s extensive litigation experience includes patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret infringement matters. He has handled cases in numerous federal district courts and proceedings before the International Trade Commission and the Patent and Trademark Trial and Appeal Boards. As for his trademark and copyright counseling practice, Kent advises large and small businesses on clearance, acquisition, use, registration, transactional, and pre-litigation enforcement matters, including international and internet-related matters.
Kent advises clients in a variety of industries, including sports and entertainment, hospitality, food and beverage, outdoor recreation, telecommunications, electronics, and others.
• IP Litigation
• “Rising Star” in the area of Intellectual Property by Colorado's "Super Lawyers"
• Colorado IP American Inn of Court, Board of Directors
• University of Denver College of Law, J.D. (2011), with honors, Order of St. Ives
• University of Colorado, B.A. Mathematics and Philosophy (2006), with honors, Dean’s List
• Colorado Bar
• U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
• U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• U.S. Court of Federal Claims